- Step 1 : Download XAMPP from the following URL : http://goo.gl/7sQv9y
- Step 2 : Complete the installation wizard successfully by running the executable file .
- Step 3: Download TestLink from the below mentioned URL http://sourceforge.net/projects/testlink/files/latest/download?source=files
- Step 4: Move the testlink-1.9.9.tar file > put into xampp’s htdocs directory.
- Step 5: Extract the downloaded zip file under xampp’s htdocs directory.
- Step 6: Start the Xampp application henceforth, select the checkbox against “Apache” and “MySql” Server, and hit start respectively.
- Step 1: Open browser and punchin URL: “localhost/phpmyadmin” and it will be re-directed to phpMyAdmin dashboard.
- Step2: From the top Menu bar click on “Databases” and create new data base naming as “XYZ”.
- Step 3: Newly created data base will be listed in left side panel with the desired name “XYZ”.
- Step 4: From the header menus click on “Permissions” and then click on Add ‘New User’.
- Step 5: Now enter the mandatory user details and click on “Check All” link.(This will Grant permissions as similar as an Admin user).
- Step 6: Launch the browser and punchin URL “http://localhost/testlink-1.9.7” and replace “testlink-1.9.7” to your testlink folder name.(Ex:testlink-1.9.9)
- Step 7: Click on “New installation” link.
- Step 8: Click on check box “I agree to the terms set out in this license.” And click on “Continue” button. The below screen will appear on your screen.
- Step 9: The above errors are result of the path being incorrect. You need to set the path as conforms to your machine.
- Step 10 : Navigate to the testlink folder on your machine and open “config.inc.php” file(home\xampp\htdocs\testlink-1.9.9\), update path “$tlCfg->log_path” and “$g_repositoryPath” as mentioned below:
$tlCfg->log_path = ‘/var/testlink/logs/’;
$g_repositoryPath = ‘/var/testlink/upload_area/’;
To be updated path:
$tlCfg->log_path = ‘D:/xampp/htdocs/testlink-1.9.7/logs/’
$g_repositoryPath = ‘D:/xampp/htdocs/testlink-1.9.7/upload_area/’;
- Step 11: Again refresh the webpage and you should see that “Failed” status is changed to “OK” on webpage.
- Step 12: Click on “Continue” button. Enter your data base name into “Database name” input field. Enter root into “Database admin login” input filed.
- Step 13: Enter the database user name and password into “TestLink DB login” and “TestLink DB password” field.
- Step 14: Click on “Process TestLink Setup” button. You should see that test link message displays as “Installation was successful!”.
- Step 15: Launch the browser and punchin URL “http://localhost/testlink-1.9.9”. And enter “admin” into both “Login Name” and Password” field. Click on “Login” button.
- Step 16: You should successfully log into testlink.